West U Police Warning about Solicitors

November 7, 2014

West U residents may have recently received a flyer at their home for curb painting services. The individual named in the flyer does not have a permit issued by the West University Place Police Department.
The Police Department encourages residents of West U to report any door-to-door solicitation as it happens. In order to solicit in West U, solicitors are required to register and obtain a permit from the police department. The city also allows residents of West University Place to register their property on a No-Knock list. This list of addresses is provided to properly registered solicitors notifying them that it is a violation of city ordinance to enter upon the property of any address on the No-Knock list.
Call 713-668-0330 to report any solicitation or other suspicious activity.