West U Police Arrest Driver With Outstanding Warrant, Marijuana Found In Car
West University Place police pulled over and arrested a driver with an outstanding warrant from Hedwig Village Police Department in the 6300 block of Auden, April 4. Police searched the driver’s vehicle and found amphetamine capsules and marijuana.
Three people were arrested in West University Place during the week of March 28 – April 3 for driving with a suspended license.
• On March 29, a police officer pulled over a driver in the 5400 block of Fairmont for damaged and unreadable plates. The officer learned that the driver had an expired and suspended license and arrested the driver.
• On March 29, a driver was pulled over for speeding in the 6500 block of Buffalo Speedway. The officer learned that the driver had a suspended license, no insurance for the vehicle and three outstanding warrants from the city of Houston. The driver was arrested.
• On April 1, a driver was pulled over for running a stop sign in the 3400 block of Nottingham and was arrested for having a suspended license.
Other incidents reported include:
• On March 29, a resident reported that someone smashed the driver’s side window of his vehicle in the 2900 block of Albans and stole his navigation system.
• On March 30, an 18-year-old driver was pulled over in the 5800 block of Buffalo Speedway for not having a front license plate and police discovered a 12-pack of beer in the vehicle. The officer gave the driver a MIP.
• On March 31, a resident reported a missing wallet. The resident noticed that the wallet was missing after receiving a call from her credit card company about fraudulent activity.