West U. and Southside Place Police Catch Armed Robber
West University Place police helped officers in Southside Place track down and arrest an armed robber this weekend.
On Jan. 30, someone called police to the 6700 block of Stella Link to report an armed robbery. West U. officers arrived and learned that the suspect had fled the scene on foot, followed by police from Southside Place. Police caught the suspect and arrested him in the 3800 block of Bellaire Boulevard.
A man was arrested for possession of marijuana during a traffic stop on Jan. 26. A West U. officer pulled the car over because it had an expired Indiana registration sticker. Police found that the driver had an outstanding warrant in Indiana. During the investigation, the officer found pot and a metal pipe in the car.
Other incidents that happened from Jan. 24 to Feb. 1 include:
- On Jan. 25, police arrested a driver for public intoxication after finding the person passed out drunk in the driver’s seat.
- Police arrested another driver for evading arrest on Jan. 25. The driver lead police on a short chase after an officer tried to pull the car over because it weaved in traffic and hit a curb on Kirby Drive.
- A resident visited the police station on Jan. 25 to give police a bicycle the person found in Poor Farm Ditch.
- Another person visited the station on Jan. 28 because she had been driving and making a legal turn, when someone else hit her driver’s side door but did not stop to provide insurance information.
- Another hit and run was reported to police on Jan. 28 in the 3900 block of Riley Street. The victim said his car was parked, and a witness saw a bus had hit the car and left the scene.
- A man reported to police on Jan. 28 that he was riding in a car with another person who ended up stealing money from him.