Weekley Family YMCA to Host Tailgate Trick-or-Treat Event
The Weekley Family YMCA is hosting a Tailgate Trick-or-Treat event for little goblins and their families.
The event will take place from 6-8:30 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 21 at 7101 Stella Link.
This year’s event will include trick or treating, costume contests, face painting, games and moonwalks, amongst other things.
The Weekley Family YMCA suggests considering the following precautions before heading to the Y or trick-or-treating in the neighborhood:
- Wear light-colored costumes made of material that is flame retardant
- Wear shorter costumes to prevent tripping
- Add reflective tape or striping to costumes for greater visibility
- Use face make-up—no hoods or masks that obscure the face and vision
- Take younger children door-to-door in daylight hours
- Carry a working flashlight
- Trick-or-treat within your neighborhood, only to homes you know
- Remind children: never enter homes and or accept rides from strangers
- Be alert to auto traffic, crossing safely according to rules
- Have parents or other adults inspect treats
- Check your lawn and steps for tripping hazards
- This year, strengthen family. Celebrate Halloween together as enjoyable, quality time.
For more information about “Tailgate Trick or Treat” at the Weekley Family YMCA contact Tony Guillory at firstname.lastname@example.org or 713-664-9622 or visit www.ymcahouston.org.