Weekley Family YMCA Hosts Its 10th Annual Tailgate Trick or Treat Event
The Weekley Family YMCA will host its 10th annual Tailgate Trick or Treat Event on Friday, Oct. 19.
The event will be held from 6-8:30 p.m. at the Weekley Family YMCA, 7101 Stella Link.
The Weekley Family YMCA parking lot will be decorated, waiting and well supervised.
“It’s a safe, creative and social experience for all ages,” said Tony Guillory, Program Director, Weekley FamilyYMCA. “Families want to know that their children are engaging in enjoyable, worthwhile activities. Our YMCA is not only a safe place, but it’s also a happy and exciting destination for little kids, teens and adults.”
For 10 years in a row, the Weekley Family YMCA has hosted the Tailgate Trick or Treat event. This year’s fun will include trick or treating, costume contests, face painting, games, moonwalks amongst other things.
No matter what your Halloween plans, the Weekley Family YMCA suggests considering these precautions before heading to the Y or trick-or-treating in the neighborhood:
12 YMCA Tips for a Safer Halloween
- Wear light-colored costumes made of material that is flame retardant
- Wear shorter costumes to prevent tripping
- Add reflective tape or striping to costumes for greater visibility
- Use face make-up—no hoods or masks that obscure the face and vision
- Take younger children door-to-door in daylight hours
- Carry a working flashlight
- Trick-or-treat within your neighborhood, only to homes you know
- Remind children: never enter homes and or accept rides from strangers
- Be alert to auto traffic, crossing safely according to rules
- Have parents or other adults inspect treats
- Check your lawn and steps for tripping hazards
- This year, strengthen family! Celebrate Halloween together as enjoyable, quality time.
For more information about “Tailgate Trick or Treat” at the Weekley Family YMCA contact Tony Guillory at email@example.com or 713-664-9622 or visit www.ymcahouston.org.