TUTS ‘Color Purple’ Cancelled Due To Ike
Performances of the Theatre Under The Stars’ performances of “Oprah Winfrey’s Color Purple” have been cancelled in the aftermath of Hurricane Ike.
TUTS announced that all performances scheduled for today, Sept. 16. through Thursday, Sept. 18, have been cancelled as a result of the curfew imposed following the storm.
The cancellations include the following:
• Sept. 16 press night performance
• Poetry readings scheduled Tuesday through Thursday
• “Breakfast Club” talk-back event Thursday morning
• OUT@TUTS event scheduled for Thursday evening
• Pre-show dinner at Brennan’s on Wednesday.
Ironically, Brennan’s Restaurant was heavily damaged by fire during the height of the storm’s landfall.
TUTS representatives said additional information on rescheduling performances or refunds for ticket-holders will be announced once a determination is made on when performances can resume.