Suspect Takes West U. Police On Chase Across Houston
West University Place police were lead on a car chase last week after trying to pull over a vehicle they suspected was involved in recent tire and wheel theft reports.
On Feb. 17 around 3:30 a.m., an officer saw the vehicle at Community Drive and Dartmouth Street. The vehicle sped away, and police chased it all the way across town. Finally, at Yale Street and Loop 610, the car pulled over and police arrested the suspect for felony evading arrest.
West U. police arrested another man around 2:20 p.m. on Feb. 17 because he had a deportation warrant with Immigration Customs Enforcement. An officer saw two suspicious men walking in the 5400 block of Auden Street. They wore jackets and appeared to carry large objects inside their coats.
When the officer ran the suspects’ identification, he found that one man had the deportation warrant and arrested him. The other subject was released.
Other incidents reported to police during the week of Feb. 14 to 20 include:
- On Feb. 14, a business in the 5800 block of Kirby Drive reported that someone tried to force open the middle garage door, causing damage.
- On Feb. 14, a resident in the 2900 block of Lafayette reported that someone smashed the rear window of his vehicle.
- On Feb. 14, 15 and 20, West U. police booked three different people into jail because they had outstanding warrants.
- On Feb. 15, officers responded to the 4000 block of Tennyson Street on reports of a burglary in progress. Someone had walked into the resident’s garage apartment and refused to leave when asked. Police arrested the suspect later for criminal trespass.
- On Feb. 16, police stopped a vehicle for running a red light. An officer arrested the driver for having a suspended driver’s license.
- On Feb. 19, a woman reported to police that an older male had assaulted her 12-year-old son. The suspect in the case “may suffer from a diminished mental capacity,” according to the police report.