St. Luke’s To Hold Dating Safety Class For Teenagers
St. Luke’s Center for Counseling and Life Enrichment will hold Dating Safety for Teenagers presented by Beth Fowler at 6:30 p.m. May 12 in the Rotunda Theatre at the church, 3471 Westheimer at Edloe.
The free workshop for teenagers will cover the following topics:
– How to recognize high risk situations and handle them effectively
– Signs of an unhealthy relationship and how to cope
– Jealously, love, power and control
– High maintenance romance…when “being nice hurts”
– Virtual dangers and precautions: facebook, myspace, chat rooms and sexting.
– Dating pressures from parents, peers and love partners…how to cope
– Who is vulnerable to dating abuse and why, more importantly how to prevent vulnerability
Participants will have an opportunity to ask questions anonymously. Call 713-402-5046 for more information or visit www.stlukesmethodist.org/counsel.