Mosquito spraying scheduled for tonight
West University will be doing an out-of-schedule mosquito spraying tonight due to the storms this week.
City-wide mosquito spraying is typically done Monday nights (pending weather), with sprayings taking place between 10 p.m. and 5 a.m.
The city warns residents that the spray is distributed by air circulation and depending on the thickness of a residence’s tree canopy and spacing between homes, there is a possibility that the spray may not reach the rear yard. Residents can help the city to minimize the mosquito population by inspecting their yard to ensure that there are no areas where mosquitos are breeding.
West University offers the following tips:
• Remove/empty containers that can hold water, such as, flower pots, buckets, toys, and plastic swimming pools.
• Bird baths and pet water bowls should be changed at least twice a week.
• Keep rain gutters clean and free of debris to prevent standing water.
• Repair leaks in irrigation system to prevent moist/damp areas in your yard.
• Report standing water behind the curb via online request “Click West U” or call the Public Works office.
If you have any questions concerning West U’s spraying, please contact Gerardo Barrera at email@example.com or (713) 662-5845