Man Arrested With Four Warrants, Two Guns And Pot
After a routine traffic stop last week, West U. police arrested a person who had four warrants, two handguns and a small amount of marijuana.
An officer saw a silver Mazda speeding in the 4200 block of Bissonnet Street and pulled the car over. When the officer ran the driver’s identification he found the suspect had four arrest warrants. The officer searched the car and found two handguns and a small amount of pot. The suspect was arrested and charged with carrying weapons.
Police also found marijuana during another traffic stop on Dec. 16. An officer saw a vehicle turn without using its turn signal and pulled the car over in the 2900 block of Plumb Street. The driver allowed the police to search the car, and the search turned up marijuana. The driver was arrested for possession of marijuana, while three other passengers were released.
Two residents reported last week they were the victims of fraud.
- On Dec. 16, a resident visited the West U. police station to report that American Express called her about a purchase made in Charlotte, N.C. The woman said she had been in New York at the time, and had not made the purchase.
- On Dec. 18, a resident visited the police station to report that someone used his credit card on the Internet and the charges were taken out of his bank account.
Three people were booked into the West U. Jail last week when they were caught with warrants.
- On Dec. 13, a West U. officer met with a Harris County constable to pick up a suspect who had West U. warrants.
- On Dec. 14, an officer pulled over a car in the 3100 block of Quenby Street and found the driver had two West U. warrants and three arrest warrants in Harris County. The man was booked into the West U. Jail.
- On Dec. 15, a West U. officer picked up a suspect from the Harris County Sheriff’s Department because he had outstanding West U. warrants.
Other incidents that happened from Dec. 14 to Dec. 21 include:
- On Dec. 17, an officer saw a man in the 3900 block of Swarthmore Street and approached the man to make sure he was okay. The man had slurred speech and the officer smelled alcohol on him. The man was arrested for public intoxication.
- On Dec. 17, an officer responded to a burglary alarm in the 2600 block of Talbott Street. The officer found the home had been burglarized, but did not find suspects on the property.
- On Dec. 18, an employee at a business in the 3900 block of Bellaire Boulevard called police to report that money had been stolen from the business. The employee suspected that another employee had taken the money, and said the person had not come to work since the money turned up missing. The suspect had an extensive criminal history, according to the police report.
- On Dec. 19, an officer saw a white SUV in the 6000 block of Weslayan Street that had made a turn going too fast with its tires screeching. The officer followed the vehicle to where it parked in the 5400 block of Weslayan Street. The officer found that the driver, a minor, was in possession of alcohol and gave him a citation for the offense.