Former WULL Players Eligible For $2,000 College Scholarship
Former West U. Little League players who are headed for college this fall are eligible to apply for the Wallin Scholarship, in memory of WULL player Paul Wallin. Application are available at http://www.westull.org/.
Applications for the $2,000 scholarship must be received by the Wallin Scholarship Committee on or before 5 p.m. May 6. The materials should me mailed or delivered to Wallin Scholarship Committee, 3600 W. Alabama, Houston, Texas, 77027.
To qualify for the scholarship, applicants must:
– have played at least one (1) year in West University Little League.
– be a May/June graduate of a Houston-area high school.
– be a college-bound. (Freshman only).
– have a grade point average of 2.5 or above.
– participated in one (1) school sport and have been active in athletics for at least two (2)
years during high school.
– characterize the qualities of discipline, desire, and dedication.
Applicants must submit a letter from the applicant to the Wallin Scholarship Committee, no more than four letters of recommendation and a completed application form, with certifying signatures. The applicant’s letter should describe the applicant’s academic and athletic achievements as well as the applicant’s exemplification of the attributes of desire, discipline and dedication.
The scholarship committee will notify the scholarship recipient of the award on or before May 19. The scholarship check will be presented to the recipient at the West University Little League Closing Ceremonies on May 21.