Challenger Football marking 10 seasons of fall fun
Challenger Football, under the auspices of the West U Little League, has kicked off its 10th season with a strong turnout at St. Thomas High School and a rewarding time for athletes and volunteers.
The Challenger program encompasses football and baseball for boys and girls ages 5 through the final year of high school or the age of 22, whichever comes first.
The program affords participants to become athletes, despite their limitations and volunteers a unique opportunity to help their “buddies” realize their potential.
The 2015-2016 schedule:
- 11 a.m. Sept. 19 at Strake Jesuit
- 6 p.m. Sept. 23 at Episcopal High School
- 2 p.m. Oct. 4 at Rice University
- 2 p.m. Oct. 11 at Southwest Football League basketball and cheer
- 11 a.m. Jan. 16, 2016 at the St. Thomas High School gym, co-hosted by St. Thomas and Strake Jesuit
- 11 a.m. Feb. 6 at the Episcopal High School gym, co-hosted by Episcopal and St. Agnes Academy