Central Market’s ‘Savoring The World Series’ Brings Food And Wine From Australia
Central Market is holding a Savoring the World Series featuring food from Australia, with a tasting and cross section of wines and food created by their Executive Chef Curtis Cooke and his team.
On July 22, Central Market, 3815 Westheimer, will be cooking up food from Down Under for $40 a person.
The menu for July 22:
• Smoked Salmon “Summer Roll” with Herbed Cucumber Salad & Soft Goat Cheese
• Beetroot & Rockette Salad with Aussie Blue & caramelized Macadamia Nuts
• Chilled Celeriac Soup with Apple Slaw & Lemon Yogurt Drizzle
• Yabbies on the barb with Pumpkin & Sweet Potato Bake and OZ Pink Salt Crust
• Grilled Lamb Chops with Grilled Summer Vegetables
• Cheeses from Australia with Wild Honey, Australian Damper Bread, Lavosh, Water Wheel Crackers & Dried Fruits
• Wattleseed Crème Brulee, Lemon Myrtle Pound Cake with Quandon (Peach) Compote & Berry Pavlova
The wines are (may vary depending on availability):
• Yalumba Riesling
• Oxford Landing Viognier
• ShooFly Buzz Cut White
• Yalumba Sangiovese Rose
• The Wishing Tree Shiraz
• Betts and Scholl OG Grenache
• The Chook Sparkling Shiraz
To register, click here.