Bring Your ID to the Polls
Early voting for the 2015 General Election for the city of West University Place is underway and will be held all week from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm in the City Council Chambers, 3800 University Boulevard and on May 4 and May 5 from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm in the same location.
Under state law, voters are required to present an ID when voting. If headed to the polls, don’t leave home without one of the required acceptable forms of photo ID:
- Texas driver license issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS)
- Texas Election Identification Certificate issued by DPS
- Texas personal identification card issued by DPS
- Texas concealed handgun license issued by DPS
- United States military identification card containing the person’s photograph
- United States citizenship certificate containing the person’s photograph
- United States passport
With the exception of the U.S. citizenship certificate, the identification must be current or have expired no more than 60 days before being presented for voter qualification at the polling place.
If you have any questions or require additional information, please contact City Secretary Thelma Lenz at 713.662.5813 or via email at email@example.com.
Voting also will be held from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on May 9, Election Day. ID also is required.